1. WE BELIEVE that the Bible is the true and accurate Word of God. The Bible gives God's principles and instructions for living and guidance in our relationship with Him.
(JOHN 1:14, 17:17, II TIMOTHY 3:16-17)
2. WE BELIEVE in One God who has revealed himself as Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
(DEUTERONOMY 6:4, ISAIAH 43:10, JOHN 1:1-14, COLOSSIANS 1:16-19)
3. WE BELIEVE that all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory and that repentance is required by God and is necessary for forgiveness of sins.
(ROMANS 3:23, 6:23, I JOHN 3:4)
4. WE BELIEVE that Jesus Christ is the Son of God: God becoming one with us in our humanity; that He was born of the Virgin Mary; that He lived a sinless life; that He was crucified, died and was buried so that we can receive forgiveness of sins; that He literally rose from the dead on the third day and that He is now at the right hand of the Father making intercession for us.
(MATTHEW 1:23, JOHN 3:16, LUKE 24:1-9, 1 CORINTHIANS 15:3, ROMANS 8:34)
5. WE BELIEVE that salvation begins when a person hears and believes the gospel and responds by having personal identification with the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, through the new birth experience.
(JOHN 3:1-7, ACTS 2:37-38)
6. WE BELIEVE in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit who dwells in the Christian, enabling them to live a holy life.
(ROMANS 8:5, I THESSALONIANS 4:3-4, 1 JOHN 2:29)
7. WE BELIEVE that the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing for the human body, in answer to believing prayer.
(ISAIAH 53:4-5, JAMES 5:14-15, 1ST PETER 2:24)
8. WE BELIEVE in the growth of the body of believers known as 'The Church' and that the local fellowship grows through:
- Worshipping Jesus Christ as Lord;
- Being effective witnesses in our community;
- Welcoming believers into our fellowship through love;
- Building believers to Christian maturity through discipleship;
- Equipping believers for the work of helping others.
(JOHN 4:24, JOHN 13:35, 1 JOHN 3:18)
9. WE BELIEVE in the financial support of the local church and its ministry.
(GENESIS 14:20,LEVITICUS 28:30, MALACHI 3:6-12,HEBREWS 7:6-10, II CORINTHIANS 9:6-7)
10. WE BELIEVE in the remembering of the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ through the ceremony of the Holy Communion.
(MATTHEW 26:26-29, I CORINTHIANS 10:16)
11. WE BELIEVE in worshipping the Lord Jesus Christ in spirit, song, dance and the raising of our hands. We believe we are to worship the Lord with our whole being.
(PSALM 150:1-6, PSALM 33:1-3, PSALM 81:1-3, JOHN 4:24)
12. WE BELIEVE in the imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ for his church, the bodily resurrection of believers and the final judgement of the world.
(HEBREWS 9:28, ACTS 1:10-11, 1 THESSALONIANS 4:16-18, 1 CORINTHIANS 15:51-54, REVELATION 20:11-15)
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Enter your details below and receive regular updates of Church news and events directly in your inbox.