Thank you for coming online and checking out information regarding our Big Build Campaign!
The Big Build Campaign was launched as a result of Tab Church membership and community initiatives being greatly constrained, because of the church having outgrown our current home, a grade II listed Victorian redbrick church building on Algernon Road in Lewisham. Traditional church services are currently being split into multiple services and overflow areas within the current building often leaving the church congregation feeling fragmented in a situation where a church family wish to be able to worship in one service together.
As a result of the vision and also finance raised by the committed Tab members we were able to purchase a larger semi-derelict building right in the centre of our home borough of Lewisham.
Once renovated our new building and its design proposal will enable The Tab to continue and expand its traditional church functions and community initiatives, which are not limited to but currently include:
- Sunday services
- Kids church for children, crèche during the Sunday services
- Weekly prayer meetings, Christian education and classes
- Administrative offices
- Food Bank – hosting Lewisham Central’s first food-bank and distribution point. This is currently offered two-three times a week, staffed by 8-12 volunteers
- Youth mentoring – support of vulnerable young people in the local community, some of whom for example have been at risk of recruitment into the gang culture in the local urban areas.
- “REACH” community action team – which focuses its support and resources on three vulnerable groups in Lewisham:
- The elderly(offering days out and grocery food supplies);
- The homeless(offering food clothing to those living on the streets), and
- Women and children escaping from domestic violence (offering security and support through counselling)