Thank you for checking out our Tab1Milli Campaign!
Learn how you can get involved and become a part of The Tab's future and legacy in the community of Lewisham.
‘Tab1Milli’ - is the name of the financial goal that’s set for us together as a church and wider community, to raise the target figure of £1million necessary to complete the funding of this next Phase of our ‘Big Build’. We are so excited about the prospect of bringing this building back to life and the ‘Tab1Milli’ is what will enable this most significant part of the Big Build project vision to become a reality.
But we can’t pull this off without your generous support support, because this is the largest financial project The Tab Church has ever undertaken. We are therefore asking you to join with us through radical generosity, as together we step out in faith towards hitting the £1Million target by continually bringing our financial gifts together now and over the coming weeks and months.
Whether you give to the church on a regular basis, just attend on occasion, or perhaps you or your family have been positively impacted through anything at the Tab and you want to give back, or if you’d just like to see the building brought back to life, then we’re asking you to consider contributing to this massive undertaking prayerfully. It’s something we need our entire church family and community’s help with. We believe that together we can achieve the Tab1milli.
Even if you can’t make large gifts right now, know that every little bit helps. It’s more about coming together as a community united behind a common cause. We hope that you’ll consider making a donation towards this great step forward that we’re making together.
Tab1Milli Project Team
The completion of this next phase will be the one that at last enables the building to be used by the church and community, as it will deliver among other things:
i) Brand new Female & Male toilet facilities,
ii) Circulation/lobby space & anteroom.
iii) The Brand new Worship & Conferencing Auditorium.
Once renovated, our new building and its design proposal will enable The Tab to continue and expand its traditional church functions and community initiatives, which are not limited to but currently include:
- Sunday services
- Kids church for children, crèche during the Sunday services
- Weekly prayer meetings, Christian education and classes
- Administrative offices
- Food Bank – hosting Lewisham Central’s first food-bank and distribution point. This is currently offered two-three times a week, staffed by 8-12 volunteers
- Youth mentoring – support of vulnerable young people in the local community, some of whom for example have been at risk of recruitment into the gang culture in the local urban areas.
- “REACH” community action team – which focuses its support and resources on three vulnerable groups in Lewisham:
- The elderly(offering days out and grocery food supplies);
- The homeless(offering food clothing to those living on the streets), and
- Women and children escaping from domestic violence (offering security and support through counselling)